Monday, August 1, 2011

Clash - Vietnam

          Director:  Le Thanh Son
          Year:  2009
          Plot:  "Trinh, a mercenary, must complete a series of organized crime jobs for her boss in order to win the release of her kidnapped daughter.  She hires several mercenaries to help, including Quan, who she becomes attracted to.  Trinh and Quan's relationship becomes complicated as it becomes evident that their motivations are not the same."


          This was a really good movie.  The ideas in this movie are rather common within this type of movie.  I can't really talk specifics or it would ruin the movie.  Even though the ideas in this movie are quite common, I felt that this movie handled them in a very nice way.
          Even though the topic is sometimes over done, the characters really kept this movie going.  I really loved Trinh's character.  She is a really tough cookie.  The thing is though, she is a great character because she isn't all that strong.  She has her weaknesses, and that is a good thing for her character.  She cares for people.  I do love the fact though that she can take care of herself, sure she is saved quite a few times, but most of it seems like the one doing the saving just wants to save her, instead of her needing it.
          I was really happy with the fight scenes in this.  I was a little disappointed when they took a little time out for a gun fight, but they soon returned to some rather brutal fighting.  I loved seeing Trinh beat on the guys.  That was definitely a big highlight of this movie.
          I really don't know what else I can say about this movie.  It isn't that I don't have much more to say, it is that fact that I might give away a little too much of this movie.


          This was a really well done movie.  The characters were great.  The story line though having been done before, to a degree, was still quite good.  I also have to say that the fight scenes were rather great to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment