Saturday, August 13, 2011

Postman to Heaven - Korea

          Director:  Lee Hyeong-Min
          Year:  2009
          Plot:  "Jaejoon, isn't your ordinary postman, he delivers letters to Heaven from those missing there loved one.  Ha-Na is one such person, and together they try to ease the grief of the letter senders."

          Okay before I start, I do of course have to admit that I watched this simply because I am a Jaejoong fan (which add to the fact that I wasn't happy that IMDb didn't even have him listed as the star of this movie, Han Hyo-joo either).  Anyway, the thing is though I am not sure if that had anything to do with how I rated this movie.  You see, this was a really well done movie.
          The idea of this movie was really cute.  I think it is nice that the grieving people would have a place to send there thoughts, and that somebody actually comes and takes them.  The thing is though not all of them want to send warm messages.  Some of them messages show that there is something keeping them from moving on with their life.  The really sweet part is that this is where the movie really focuses on.
           I really thought it was great how the main characters would come up with ways to ease the people's heartache.  It really is very sweet, but also leads to a bit of trouble down the road.  It is hard to see who was in the right, the one lying to make someone feel better, or the one who felt it was wrong.  This rather philosophical is handled quiet well within the movie and I quite enjoyed it.
          There are endings that you just want to see happen and then there are those that are played out in a really cheesy manner.  Thankfully this movie's ending was of the former rather than the latter.  They handled it well when it could have easily turned out to be very cheesy.  This one was rather sweet.  n.n

          This is one I would definitely suggest, and not just to Jaejoong fans.  This is one I would sure like to have in my collection (I have a list going, man I need to get my financial aid refund soon >.<).

No comments:

Post a Comment