Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yes or No - Thailand

          Director:  Sarasawadee Wongsompetch
          Year:  2010
          Plot:  "Pie is a sweet girl who moves into a new college dorm room where she finds out that her new roommate Kim, is a tomboy who looks and dress like a boy.  As their friendship develops, Pie and Kim begin to wonder if the feeling they feel for one another is just an ordinary friendship or true love."

          I am not sure why, but I felt in the mood for a romance movie.  I searched through a bunch of movies trying to find one to watch, and stumbled upon this one.  I decided I had to watch it from the plot summary alone.  I swear, I didn't even read any comments on this one before deciding it was a must see for me.
          It seems my instincts on this one were entirely correct.  A lot of times, I have a hard time watching some Lesbian themed movies.  It isn't because I have a problem with the subject, as I am bisexual, it is actually because of how they handle the matter.  This movie though did so well with the subject matter.  This movie was more about the emotion and feeling than an actual physical relationship (it doesn't lack PDA, but uses it sparingly when it is needed and not just to sell the movie).
          I absolutely loved how this movie progressed.  The two start of on kind of a sour not due to Pie, it is quite funny in the movie.  I absolutely love her painting herself into a corner so to speak, well not painting, more taping.  Anyway, this movie really progressed the relationship between them quite well.  It is easy to see the attraction between the two, but also the hard time they are having excepting it, at least on one side of the relationship.
          The two girls have to work hard to be close in this one, what with Jane, P'Van and Pie's mother.  The thing is though that there is also those who are on their side.  I love Kim's Aunt.  She is really a caring person in this movie and only wants to help out her niece.

           I really can't say anymore about this movie except that I loved it and it made me cry more than once.  This really is a touching love story with some rather funny moments.  Yes or No is definitely on I suggest everyone not opposed to a Lesbian relationship watch.


1 comment:

  1. My fav. is "Yes or No" "Friendship or Lover"I`m also a Tomboy. my name is Martina Huidrom.Plz cal me Tina or Urvashi.

    ReplyDelete