Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dasepo Naughty Girls - Korea

          Director:  Je-yong Lee
          Year:  2006
          Plot:  "Based on the popular Internet novel, "Multi-Cell Girl", the film takes place in "No-Use High School", a school renowned for its sexual aberrations.  The student body is comprised of sexually ambiguous teenagers.  But amidst this environment, there are some that just can't adapt.  Among them: "Poor Girl", a student who earns money for her family by sleeping with older men; "Anthony", a luxurious pretty-boy from Switzerland; and "One-Eye", the school's sole virgin."

          When the movie first started, I kept asking myself why I was watching this movie.  I mean the opening scene with all the students excusing themselves seemed a little out there.  I mean really every single person (Except One-Eye) was connected and had to leave.  This of course then leads to a very strange musical number.  Though I thought the girls dancing through the different religions was kind of cool.  The fact is though that this movie starts off really strange.
          The interesting thing is though that this movie turned out to be rather good.  I did skip most of the little musical numbers after I figured out what it was about.  The rest of the story line was quite good.  You see the lives of some interesting characters, but it mainly revolves around the life of Poor Girl.
          I also have to say that some parts were really funny.  I absolutely loved the scene with the guy chatting with a girl on the computer.  It was hard to keep from laughing and waking up those who were sleeping.  The only thing that was more ridiculous than funny was the way they were trying to defeat the rather strange being.

          This movie is one I would say I would definitely suggest.  It is a rather funny movie, though it also has its serious points.  It is one that should only be watched if you are in the mood for a comedy.  If you want something serious, you should probably stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment