Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Sassy Girl - Korea

          Director:  Jae-young Kwak
          Year:  2001
          Plot:  "Based on a series of true stories posted by Ho-sik Kim on the Internet describing his relationship with his girlfriend.  These were later transformed into a best-selling book and the movie follows the book closely.  It describes the meeting of Kyun-woo and an unnamed girl.  Kyun-woo is shamed into assisting the girl because the other passengers mistakenly think she is his girlfriend.  Once he helps her, Kyun-woo develops a deep sense of responsibility for her which enables him to tolerate (somehow) the girls abuse."

          So this was another movie that has been sitting in my 'to watch' list for awhile and I just finally decided to watch this movie.  I am kind of glad I did.  I found this to be a rather nice movie.  It wasn't as great as many had lead me to believe it would, but it was still a rather good movie.
          I loved the comedy of this movie.  My favorite parts had to be the high heels and the squash ball.  Those two parts had me laughing the hardest.  I did find how she bullied Kyun-woo to be rather funny.  The part on the subway with the soldiers was quite good.  I mean this guy has terrible luck it seems, but it is cute that things do work themselves out.
          This movie has kind of a little twist if you weren't paying attention.  If you were paying attention, you would have seen it coming, as there was quite a few hints.  Still though when it finally came about I was actually quite happy with it.  Instead of having the feeling that well I figured that out ages ago thanks for catching up, I found it sweet.  It is interesting to see the idea of fate in this movie.
          I can't really say that there was anything wrong with this movie.  It was a little lengthy, but I wasn't really bored during the movie.  I felt that is was quite well done.  It simply just didn't live entirely up to what people had been saying about this movie.  Still, I felt that this was quite good and entertaining to watch.

          I plan on suggesting this movie, but I wouldn't advise people to go into this movie with such high expectations.  It was a great movie, but because I had been expecting nearly perfection, this movie wasn't that.  I think this movie might have gotten a higher rating from me if I hadn't heard what people had been saying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment