Saturday, March 19, 2011

Takumi-kun: Soshite Harukaze ni Sasayaite - Japan

          Director:  Kazuhiro Yokoyama
          Year:  2007
          Plot:  “Set at Shidou Gakuin, a boys' Boarding school, situated off the beaten track.  In the second year at school, Hayama Takumi is allocated a room in a dorm to share with Saki Giichi, aka Gii.  Gii was brought up abroad and is the school idol with his exceptional academic performance, as well as his good looks.  One day, Gii confesses to Takumi that he has been in love with Takumi for some time.  This unexpected truth of events unsettles Takumi, however, he comes to realize the true sensitivity of Gii.”


          So I was in a Boy’s Love mood.  Okay, so I am pretty much always up for a BL movie.  I mean who wouldn’t.  Boy’s in love are just too cute.  This movie doesn’t fail at that point either.
          I wouldn’t say that this is the best movie I have ever seen though.  Just watching this movie, it is easy to see points where it could use some work.  The love between the two boys seems to be the only point that might hold it together for most viewers.  I say this because the movie was done too much like a manga.  It is of course based off a manga, but just some of the ways they chose to portray the story were too comic book-y in my opinion.  I do have to say that as an avid manga reader, I quickly over looked these points and focused on the love story.
          I have to say Takumi is simply adorable.  Because of a past incident, Takumi cannot bare the touch of others.  This seems like it could be a discouraging point for a normal love struck teenager.  I guess Gii isn’t really normal though, as he has been in love with Takumi for some time.  It is a little sad that it takes Takumi so long to accept his own feelings, but that is actually understandable.  I did think it was pretty cute how Gii arranged a special show just for Takumi.  n.n


          Though this one might be a little comic book-y at times, it is still a good enough movie to waste a frame of time on.  Though again, this is a Boy’s Love movie, and those against homosexuals should not watch it.  We don’t need them around bad mouthing our cute boys.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment