Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kindan no Koi - Japan

          Director:  Kusano Yoka
          Year:  2008
          Plot:  “Ritsu returns from New York, where he has been studying, only to find out that the boy he loves, Shou, has left school and doesn't leave the apartment he's living in with his brother and father.  There is also a secret his sweet and innocent brother, Ryou, is hiding.”

          I have to say, this is definitely a strange one for me.  To a point, I really enjoyed this movie.  The flashbacks are super cute, and the relationship between the main two characters is really sweet.
          There is one big problem with this movie.  That problem is the entire ending of the movie.  I get the whole brother thing… Yeah I can’t tell you what my main problem is.  >.<  Anyway, the other issue that I saw was the guy laying in the flowers was not supposed to be breathing, I mean it just messed with my head.  I thought, “I can’t believe that.  Wait, it isn’t true.  He’s breathing.”  When you make a movie with that kind of scene, you really should make sure the actor doesn’t breathe so obviously.

          I don’t think that this movie was a complete waste of time despite it’s major issue.  The background of the characters and the love of the main characters was very touching.  It really did keep my attention for the time, and I really did want them to be together from the get go.  This movie definitely wouldn’t be in my top movies, but it wasn’t entirely bad.  I would seriously suggest someone check out the other Boy’s Love movies that I have suggested before giving this one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment