Sunday, June 19, 2011

Intial D - China

          Director:  Wai-keung Lau, Alan Mak, and Ralph Rieckermann
          Year:  2005
          Plot:  "After winning his first competition, Takumi focuses his attention on drift racing, a sport he has unknowingly perfected while delivering tofu in his father's Toyota AE86."


          I am not sure why I decided to watch this movie over all of the others on my list.  I do like Edison Chen, but that wasn't really a deciding factor for me.  I had decided to watch it while I was knitting, because knitting without watching something is pretty boring (well for me).  The problem with this movie was that halfway through I had to stop knitting.  I was rather into the movie.
          I haven't read the manga or anything, but I did enjoy this movie.  I am not a fan of most racing movies.  There is a reason for this though.  I don't find normal racing to be very entertaining.  In many race movies, I get the feeling that not much skill is very necessary.  It is more whose car is better not really who is more skilled (I know it is not supposed to be that way and many movies try to show the skills but I just don't believe that they are good).
          My feelings about race movies change when you make it drift racing.  I simply can't get enough of it, nor the skills that they shoot.  Oh yeah, the movie.  This is a good drift movie in my opinion, well, better than Tokyo Drift.  I liked Tokyo Drift, but this one has the better story line to me.  I loved to see Takumi in the Toyota AE86 take on the so called better cars.  The funny thing is that my heart was pretty much racing with the cars during the final race.  I got a little too much into this movie.  n.n
           I did have an issue with the ending though.  I thought it was quite sad especially because they never even discussed what was going on.  The two just left it that way even though one had decided to stop what the other was upset with.  Man, talk about trying not to give a spoiler, yet still explain myself...  Sometimes this is hard.  >.<


          I definitely suggest this one.  It is definitely at least worth your time.  I found it to be more than just a good waste of time, specially seeing that it caused me to put down the pillow I was working on.  >.<  Man, now I have to find another movie to watch so I actually get some work done.


No comments:

Post a Comment