Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hear Me - Taiwan

          Director:  Fen-fen Cheng
          Year:  2009
          Plot:  “A delivery Boy falls for a young girl who is hearing impaired.  Comparing themselves with "water birds" and trees, together they are going to break the barrier and pursuit their dreams and take their relationship to the next level.”


          So, I needed a movie to watch and this one has been on my “to watch” list for awhile.  I have to say that this is another movie that is well worth its time.  There is so much that is good in this movie.
          I love the fact that most of the movie is sign language.  At first thought, it might seem kind of strange to watch a love story without any actual words.  The fact is that love doesn’t really need spoken words to still be wonderful.  It also makes for a rather unique story.  Though of course there is that little twist at the end.  Though the twist wasn’t really a twist.  Thinking back, it was quite evident in the beginning, but throughout the movie, you tend to forget about it.  At least I did.  >.<
          I also loved the relationship of the sisters.  Things were rather hard of them with pretty much being on their own and all.  My favorite line from this movie has to be, “If there is a next life, will you still be my sister?”  I just found that to be really sweet and touching.
          This is another movie where I am not sure what was wrong with it.  I guess it is hard for me to see anything bad unless it is pretty evident when it comes to a movie that I like.  I forget to watch it like I am going to write a review on it, and simply watch it for myself.  n.n


          I definitely suggest to check this movie out.  It has a very sweet story and is rather well done.  It also has some rather funny parts.  About the only people I wouldn’t suggest this to is those who hate subtitles (If you do, why are you on here?) and those who are strictly Horror or action addict (I am too, but I love Asian romance).


1 comment:

  1. hi! :) just followed you! I love asian movies too!

    loveandelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete