Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ai no Kotodama - Japan

          Director:  Satoshi Kaneda
          Year:  2008
          Plot:  “Ootani and Tachibana have been inseparable since high school.  Now that they're in college, they live together, they're happy and everything seems prefect.  But their little world is disrupted when they meet an old high school friend, Yuki, who seems to have a crush on Tachibana, making Ootani feel jealous and insecure.  Will Tachibana really choose him over a pretty girl?”


          This is a rather good movie.  Okay, so I did decide to watch it because of Yasuka Saito.  I can’t help it, I find him kind of pretty.  n.n
          Oh yeah, about the movie.  There were many points that I really enjoyed.  I absolutely loved how different the two main characters are.  I sometimes love the opposite attraction rather than the perfect couple thing.  The thing is though that the difference in characters leads to rather big problems.  Just like the plot statement says, Ootani get jealous, and rather rightfully so.  It isn’t that things are necessarily happening like he thinks they are, it’s just that from his view, his thoughts really do seem true.
           I don’t really know if there was any points that I really disliked with this movie.  I am sure there is some points that could have been better, but nothing really drastic.  There really wasn’t anything that stuck out to the point where I was drawn away from the movie itself.


          For fans of Boys Love movie, this is one I would suggest.  PDA is rather watered down throughout this movie, but it is not nonexistent.  I found that it is just a little hidden (though not completely) in the beginning and finds its way out through the movie.  The ending is very cute though.  n.n

No comments:

Post a Comment