Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hua Mulan - China

          Director:  Jingle Ma, and Wei Dong
          Year:  2009
          Plot:  “The epic story of the Chinese girl-warrior, Mulan, who fights to defend her father.”


          Here is another one that I just had to watch.  When I was little, I remember watching the Disney movie about Mulan.  As an adult I found myself coming across Mulan again, but this time it was the movie made for adults.
          I have to say that this movie was one of those that got me crying.  Yeah, it seems a lot of Asian movies have been doing that to me lately.  I have no problem with this fact though.  It just seems to prove that they are in fact good movies.
          It was definitely strange to watch this movie having previously seen the Disney version.  This one though is definitely a better movie as there is more depth to the story and the characters, but of course kids would definitely enjoy the former better than this one.
          I don’t know if there was anything that I felt was done poorly in this movie.  I really did enjoy pretty much everything about it.  I did though get disappointed with the ending.  I know it is the most logical, but I would have been happier with a perfectly happy ending.  The ending just made the movie seem more realistic, and like I said, it made sense.


          I feel that this is definitely one to watch.  I actually bought this movie minutes after watching it.  I simply couldn’t pass up the opportunity to own this movie for myself.  Like I said, this is definitely one to watch, and I would suggest it to just about everyone.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment