Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Little thing Called Love - Thailand

           Director:  Puttipong Pormsaka Na-Sakonnakorn and Wasin Pokpong
           Year:  2010
           Plot:  "Nam is talented and funny, but with plain looks.  She falls in love with the older Shone, one of the best-looking guys in school.  Will she get her first love?"


          I have to say first off that this is one of the cutest movies I have watched.  I think it even rivals The Love of Siam, from the same country.  This one didn't have to work to hard to get me laughing in one scene and almost in tears in the next.  It really is a great movie, but I think I need to talk some details.
          The main point of this movie is a cute story about a young girls first love.  I love that it centers around first love, because that allows for so many opportunities.  I feel that they did take this movie to a good place.  It had its funny parts, but (like many Asian movies) they didn't take it to far.  The comedy really balanced out well with the rest of the story.
          Not only is the love part of the story important, but this movie also shows the importance of friendship. It was really sweet to see the four girls together all the time.  I did love the fact that they even had a little bit of a falling out.  It really does just make for a great plot.
          The changes the main character goes through are quite amazing.  She starts out as this rather, shall we say ugly girl.  As things progress, she slowly starts letting out the beauty she holds.  The thing is though did she really need to change?  That is a question that I have figured out is a no.  This is not because of some anti-barbie movement or anything, but because of something specific in the movie.  It has to do with a notebook and one little phrase "She looks the same".  Okay, I won't say anymore about it or I will gush too much.
          Now quickly about the ending.  I think this was a very cute way to end the movie.  I love the fact that people set it up to happen knowing how much it would mean.  I also love the fact that their is a moment where you are not sure about what is going to happen, a well place pause ensures that.  That one little pause makes the ending very sweet.


          The entire movie was really well done and I absolutely loved the characters progressions and their relationships.  This is one I intend to own and on that I am going to highly suggest to may friends and those who read this post.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment