Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm a Cyborg, but that's Okay - Korea

          Director:  Chan-wook Park
          Year:  2006
          Plot:  "A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental hospital, where she encounters other psychotics.  Eventually, she falls for a man who thinks he can steal people's souls."


          Okay for starters, I have to admit that I watched this one just for Rain.  I can't help some slight fan-girl tendacies that I have.  n.n
          This was definitely a good movie.  It had some very funny moments, but that is in no way the highlight of the movie.  The best part in the whole movie really was the relationship between the two patients.  I simply loved Rain's character.  He was so weird, especially that hair, but I love the sneaky ways he finds to save her.  I also have to say that the last scene really is my favorite.
          It kind of sucks that I can't be spending my money for awhile, because I really want to own this movie. There really is a lot to love about this one.  It is interesting to see the different issues the various patients have, like the really polite one, and how they interact with someone like Rain's character.  Of course our Cyborg girl  seems the most elaborate of them all.  I absolutely love the batteries she uses through the movie.  She is definitely dedicated to her belief.
          Like I said, the movie is more about the relationship of the two main characters, and it is played out well in the movie.  First, he is just somebody with that ability that she thinks she needs and slowly he becomes somebody that she can trust.  Not to mention she can rely on in her delusions.


          This movie was well worth my time.  It kept me entertained from start to finish, and I even got a little attached to the characters.  If you watch this movie, which I hope you do, you have to pay close attention to the top of the thing they take outside at the end of the movie.  It makes the scene so much sweeter.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment