Sunday, July 10, 2011

Invisible Target - China

          Director:  Benny Chan
          Year:  2007
          Plot:  "Three cops team up to bring down a criminal gang of seven, who have their own hidden agenda."


          The plot sure seems rather boring as it stands, but it gets better when I tell you that those cops are none other than Nicholas Tse, Shawn Yue, and Jaycee Chan (Jackie Chan's son) and that the main bad guy is Jacky Wu.  If that didn't make this movie sound better, let's just say all the movies I have watched with any of them in it turn out to be pretty good.
          As about the movie itself, it is a a rather big winner in my book.  The story line to it is very well done.  Each cop has there own reasons for wanting to catch the bad guys.  Not only does each cop have their own story, but the bad guys do as well.  This one doesn't have the irritating ultimate evil, you know the guys that are pure bad and nothing good about them, but that doesn't mean they aren't viable bad guys either.  It is the fact that they have some sliver of human in them that makes them very good characters.
          The stunts in this movie were great as well.  It was the director that requested that no stunt doubles be used in this movie.  That fact makes all the stunts even better.  I mean sure they tried to keep them as safe as possible, but it's really Jaycee landing in fire, and really Nicholas and Shawn getting fiery bits blown at them.  You can't get much better than knowing that the cast were in all the scenes they were supposed to be in and not some stunt guy pretending to be them.  For me it makes an action movie all the better.
          I really liked how this movie ended.  The final fights played out to the characters.  They really did work themselves out really well.  I also have to say I loved the final scene during the credits before the stunt parts came up.  I just felt that part was so nice and rather touching to see make it in there even if it was during the credits.  I am going on a bit much here, so I will end it.  n.n


          The action to this movie is really great, but the story line is just as superb.  This is just another one that needs to be added to my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment