Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Silver Hawk - China

          Director:  Jingle Ma
          Year:  2004
          Plot:  “A Chinese socialite, in her spare time, fights the forces of evil.  She teams up with her childhood buddy, Mr. Rich Man, who is a police officer, to foil a kidnapping ring with more sinister undertones.”


          I forgot to write this up after I watched the movie.  I might be missing some things that I wanted to say about this movie, but I will do my best to get all the important stuff in here.
          I have to say one of the reasons I watched this movie is because I am a bit of a Michelle Yeoh fan.  This movie did really disappoint me either.  I found this movie to have been rather enjoyable for the time I spent watching it.  It isn’t one that I would own besides the fact that it would be a good addition to a Michelle Yeoh collection, but it wasn’t bad.
          As far as the comedy goes in this movie, I felt that it was rather good.  A few points were rather ridiculous, but the majority of the movie had very well done humor.  I absolutely loved Rich Man and Kit though.  Those to following Silver Hawk as she went after the bad guys was quite funny, especially with Kit pretty much laying on top of Rich Man to see, and constantly hitting him.  You also gotta love, “Ten more minutes.  Five minutes?  Two.”
          This is rather reminiscent of Batman, but I did find this movie to be the better one.  The comedy in this movie kept it from suffering from the same problems that the Batman movies did for me.  This was more entertaining than a rich guy in a bat costume, and the action sequences were better as well.  I enjoyed the scenes between Silver Hawk and Jane, and Moris the most.


          This isn’t one that I would own necessarily, but it is definitely worth a watch when you need something to do.  The comedy in it, though sometimes a little too much, is very entertaining and enjoyable.  Also it is one that a Michelle Yeoh fan needs to watch simply because she is in it.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment